Sunday 3 November 2013

THANK YOU

Dear Power of Culture Collaborators,

 The impact of the Power of Culture Project has been reaching far more than what I had  imagined. 9 countries and 23 collaborators participated in this programme!

  In the book Power of International Stories: Coming of Age in the Global Village there are stories which have been written by more than one author. 79 authors, 66 stories and 11 illustrators all in the age group of 12 to 17 have contributed to the stories! AMAZING! Reading the stories was a learning experience for me!
 The students and their teachers have done an impressive job working on these.

 What I have learnt is that promises are kept in life if you meet valuable people! I met Mamta through TEA PROGRAM 2010 in Lincoln, and Julia through her Study visit through IREX in India, 2011. We promised to work together and change our school environment for better. All promises were kept. We met, run the project and got on well while implementing the project. I was happy when all  activities and programs met my collaborators` expectations. They have given me the faith in international collaboration without boundaries. No matter what our background is as long as we are open-minded, tolerant and eager to get familiar and understand other cultures, the success is at hand. The hours spent on editing the book in reality during my collaborators` visits in Poland and online are a great evidence that all efforts as long as they come from the bottoms of the hearts, can be fulfilled. Professional teachers who worked with me made me feel proud to work on our project and be creative and innovative as teachers and educators. Thanks to the visit of Mrs Allyson Daly in Kraków in 2011, through IREX Program too, I had a great, professional support while editing the book from her side. Besides, my 3 students had a chance to have the study visit in Vadodara. They participated in the IB classes and did the community service for slum students. After their visit they organised the charity in Kraków and collected the money for those kids. Zuza, Julia and Karolina- thank you for this initiative! Indeed, charity begins at home!

Thank you to IREX for such a LIFE OPPORTUNITY! God Bless those who support us and have faith in us and our actions.

Do remember that in Kraków, we are open to run any  educational projects! What is more, any support can be easily given in implementing your projects worldwide through us! :)
 
 Thank you DEAR COLLABORATORS AND STUDENTS!

I also thank the Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs (ECA) of the U.S. Department of State, through a program administered by IREX (International Research & Exchanges Board) for awarding the ALUMNI SMALL GRANTS 2013  to The Power of Culture project of which  I was a part. Thank you for having faith in us!

Best regards,
Anna
IREX Small Grant Awardee 2013



My daughter has been an important part of the Power of Culture Project  implementation:)
 

3 comments:

  1. Thank you Anna for keeping us tied with knots of friendship love and respect no matter the distance and time through these successful projects.... I am ready to continue anytime you say... Love.. peace....joy... for you and your family and students

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Anna,

    We are so excited about the book! It is outstanding. In my classes we read Natalia Maruta's story, "Death, Welcome to Poland" and Merlin Kasesaly's "Frozen." My students loved both stories. In one class we read "Death, Welcome to Poland" with two students as the characters of Death and Marcin. The students could hear the humor, and wrote responses to Natalie, one of which I include here:

    Dear Natialia Maruta,
    Today, November 5, 2013, we read your story in our fourth period English class. I found your story to be very amusing and very well written. I really enjoyed the dialogue between the two characters. My favorite part was when the police officer asked death to bring him back to life so he could catch the thief. I enjoyed this part because the dialogue displayed the police officer using reverse psychology on Death by questioning him about his powers and abilities. The dialogue was very funny and clever. I also liked how death was easily persuaded. His naïve nature made him very funny and interesting. You are an amazing writer and I hope to one day read one of your published works in the future.

    Sincerely,
    Ri-kiyah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Anna,
    Thank you for giving chance to participate in the project.The book is great and very motivating for students and teachers as well.I'm sure you've got lots of new ideas and I wish you to realize them all in life.
    Best wishes,
    Nino

    ReplyDelete